- All the Ashton Gate Matchday services operate within the Bristol Zone
- You can travel using either a ‘Single’ Ticket or a ‘FirstDay’ ticket
- A ‘Single’ ticket will allow one journey only and you cannot change bus on this ticket
- A ‘FirstDay’ ticket allows unlimited travel on all First Bus services within the Bristol Zone until 04:29am the following day. This is the best ticket if you intend to use the services to and from the game
- Under 5s and concessionary pass holders travel free of charge
- No other ticket type or pass is valid on the Ashton Gate services. Including but not limited to FirstWeek, FirstMonth, First Year and university travel passes
- The cheapest way to travel is by purchasing an mTicket via the First Bus app
- Alternatively, you can purchase on-board any First Bus service including the AG1, AG2 and AG3 (cash payments will not be accepted on the Ashton Gate matchday services)
The following services are offered:
- AG1 - Portway Park & Ride - Portway
- AG2 - Brislington Park & Ride - Direct
- AG3 - Temple Meads - Broadmead - Centre
Ashton Gate is well connected to Bristol and surrounding areas by an extensive public bus network.
The stadium is also served by the M2 MetroBus route which is just 9 minutes walk from the stadium. For routes, timetables and fares please click here.
Please note the M2 service currently does not operate on Sundays or public holidays and the last service towards Temple Meads and the city centre, Mon-Fri departs Ashton Gate stop at 19:03.
Click on the image above to see the full network of the Metrobus route from Long Ashton Park & Ride.
Ashton Gate is well served by local and national rail services. For the latest information, journey planning and tickets visit www.gwr.com
BRISTOL TEMPLE MEADS
40 minute walk or use matchday Service AG3.
Serves much of Somerset, South Wales and Bristol (journey time to Temple Meads approximately 5 minutes). Please note Parson Street does not have step-free access.
15 minute walk
Many fans will find walking or cycling the quickest way to get to games. The stadium is less than 30 minutes walk from most of south, central and west Bristol and fans can use the postcode BS3 2EJ to plan your route. Cycling will be even quicker as the stadium is connected by numerous cycle paths – plan your journey by clicking here – the planner shows route type, elevation and cycle rack and pump locations.
CYCLING TO ASHTON GATE
96 cycle parking spaces behind the South Stand
Free to use bike pump
Plan your route here
Electric scooters are not allowed on-site and must be parked in an appropriate area outside the stadium being careful not to block entrances, exits or the pavement. Voi are the only authorised e-scooters allowed to be used in Bristol and users are asked not only to ensure they are clear and comply with the law but also carefully consider their speed around the stadium on a matchday.
Most supporters will find public transport quicker and easier than driving to games and should be aware that many local streets are covered by a Resident Parking Scheme
If however you are driving we strongly advise you to park at the Portway Park & Ride (ideal for those using the motorway) or Brislington Park & Ride where you can use the Matchday Supporter bus services to complete your journey. We advise supporters to check their route before travelling by clicking here and allow plenty of time for your journey
Limited official offsite parking, media parking and disabled parking is available close to the stadium which can be seen on the map below. To book call Supporter Services on 0117 9630 600 (option 1), Monday-Friday 9am-5pm at the first opportunity to avoid disappointment
There are also a number of unofficial car parks in operation on most match days close to the stadium and these are listed below
UNOFFICIAL OFF-SITE CAR PARKS
Seven Boat Trips operate a cross-harbour ferry which shuttles between Hannover Quay and the SS Great Britain up to 17:30 on weekends.
The SS Great Britain stop is 18 minutes walk from Ashton Gate. Number Seven and Bristol Ferry Boats both operate services from Temple Meads to The Pump House, Cottage and Nova Scotia public houses – which are all around 15 minutes walk from the stadium.