FIT ROBINS is a completely free health programme for men and women aged 30-65 who are looking to lose weight, get fitter and lead a more active life.
Please note, due to the current lockdown restrictions, FIT ROBINS has moved to digital delivery. For further information please contact the Foundation on 0117 963 0636.
Delivered in partnership with the EFL and Public Health England, FIT ROBINS aims to help City fans make changes to their lives lifestyle in order live fitter and healthier lives. The programme achieves this by helping participants:
- Improve their eating habits by reducing portion sizes and swapping fatty and sugary foods for fruit, vegetables and high fibre foods
- Achieve at least 45 minutes of moderate intensity physical activity on most days of the week. They receive weekly exercise sessions at their club for 12 weeks, and follow a personal pedometer-based walking programme that encourages them to fit physical activity into their daily lives
- Use tried-and-tested behaviour change techniques to become more active and improve their diet. These include regular self-monitoring of their weight and pedometer step counts and setting SMART goals to make changes that can be sustained long term.
The programme has operated digitally throughout lockdown and has yielded some incredible results with participants staying connected and taking part in virtual challenges.
The next cohort of FIT ROBINS will be a female only group and is set to start in the middle of September. To find out more about the programme and to sign up click here or contact: email@example.com, alternatively phone: 0117 963 0636.
Is FIT ROBINS for you?
- Are you aged 35-65?
- Do have a BMI of 28+? (use our BMI Calculator to check below)
- Does your waist measure more than 38in males or 31in females?
What can you expect?
- 12 FREE weekly sessions at your local football club
- Meet other football fans on the same journey as you
- Learn how to make better choices to improve your lifestyle and health
- Be supported through your journey by club staff
FIT FANS has helped 1000’s of people – football fans just like you – to achieve long-term improvements in weight loss, physical activity, diet and general wellbeing. Participants on average lost over 5% of their body weight during the 12 week programme.
FIT FANS is delivered in partnership with Public Health England.