Merchants Academy Centre
Study the BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sport with Bristol City Robins Foundation in 2021/22.
In partnership with Merchants Academy, Bristol City Robins Foundation is offering an exciting two-year BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sport course suitable for post-16 students of all playing abilities who have a keen interest in developing an insight into the sports industry.
Based at Merchants Academy, students will study in purpose-built classrooms and facilities, with access to opportunities at Ashton gate stadium, creating a perfect learning environment to thrive within.
Alongside the academic studies, where 14 sport related units will be covered, students will train and play on a weekly basis, representing Bristol City Football Club against other colleges and professional clubs in competitive fixtures in the CEFA (Community & Education Football Alliance) league.
Beyond the curriculum
National and international tours are also an integral part of the course. The Foundation provides opportunities for students to visit world-famous stadia, including the likes of The Emirates (Arsenal), The Etihad (Manchester City) and White Hart Lane (Tottenham Hotspur).
Each year also students train and play abroad, with recent trips including visits to Croatia, Portugal, France and Germany. These trips are optional but act as aspirational opportunities for students to enhance their learning and enable them to experience different cultures.
The Foundation are committed to enhancing students’ employability skills, which is why students who enrol on to this course have access to valuable work experience opportunities on both community and academy projects as well as at Bristol City matchdays. These opportunities allows students to enhance their delivery and CV accordingly.
BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sport
Prerequisites to Apply
- A minimum of five 9-4 grades at GCSE, including English and maths (or equivalent)
- A keen interest towards playing regular futsal
- A commitment to follow high standards and expectations in a professional environment
- Equivalent to three A-Levels
- 12 hours of education per week
- Two futsal training sessions per week
- 14 units relating to physical education, ranging from anatomy and physiology to sport as a business
- Primarily assessed through weekly courses with four exams across the two years
- Training sessions led by UEFA qualified coaches
- Opportunities to take part in national and international trips
This course is FREE for all students. There is however, a compulsory £200 (approx.) cost for Bristol City kit.
- Apprenticeships in the sports industry
- University or American scholarships
- Job opportunities with Bristol City FC and across the wider Bristol Sport group
- Job opportunities within the sport and leisure industry