BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sport - Football Education Programme
Come and study with Bristol City Robins Foundation in 2020/21.
Bristol City Robins Foundation’s BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sport (football education programme) is a two-year course suitable for post-16 male students of all playing abilities who have a keen interest in developing an insight into the sport industry.
Based at Merchants Academy school with elements at Ashton Gate Stadium, students will study in purpose-built classrooms and facilities, creating a perfect learning environment to thrive within.
Alongside the academic studies, where 15 sports related units will be covered, students will train and play on a weekly basis, representing Bristol City Football Club against other professional clubs in competitive fixtures, aiding the courses uniqueness.
National and international trips are also an integral part of the course. The Foundation provide opportunities for students to visit world-famous club stadia and high profile organisations.
Each year also sees students train and play abroad, with recent trips including visits to Holland, Croatia, Germany, Portugal and France. These trips are optional but provide opportunities for students to engage and learn from.
The Foundation are passionate about enhancing students’ employability skills, which is why students have access to work experience within Bristol Sport, Bristol City Football Club and Bristol City Robins Foundation. These opportunities include matchday media, community coaching and hospitality, all of which can lead to full-time employment.
BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sport (NQF)
- A minimum of five 9-4 (A*-C) grades at GCSE, including English and maths (or equivalent)
- A keen interest towards playing regular footbal
- A commitment to follow high standards and expectations in a professional environment
- Study a nationally recognised qualification equivalent to three A-Levels
- 12 hours of education per week
- Two training sessions per week
- Strength & conditioning, analysis and recovery sessions included
- Primarily assessed through weekly coursework with some exams
- Practical training sessions led by UEFA qualified coaches
- Valuable work experience on Bristol City FC matchdays and Bristol City Robins Foundation projects
This course is FREE to enrol on to for all students aged 16-18. There is however, a compulsory £200 (approx.) cost for Bristol City kit.
- Apprenticeships in the sports industry
- University or American scholarships
- Job opportunities at Bristol City Football Club or Bristol City Robins Foundation
- Job opportunities within the sport and leisure industry
For further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the Foundation on 0117 963 0636.