BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma In Sport- City Academy Futsal Programme
Study with Bristol City Robins Foundation in 2022/23!
Bristol City Robins Foundation, in partnership with Cabot Learning Federation is offering an exciting two-year BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sport course suitable for post-16 students of all playing abilities who have a keen interest in developing an insight into the practicalities within the sport industry.
Based at City Academy School, students will study in purpose-built classrooms and facilities, with access to opportunities at Ashton gate stadium, creating a perfect learning environment to thrive within.
Alongside the academic studies, where 15 sports related units will be covered, students will train and play on a weekly basis, representing Bristol City Football Club against other professional clubs in competitive fixtures in the EFL Trust Futsal League, aiding the courses uniqueness.
National and international tours are also an integral part of the course. The Trust provides opportunities for students to visit world-famous stadia, including the likes of The Emirates (Arsenal), The Etihad (Manchester City) and White Hart Lane (Tottenham Hotspur).
Each year also sees students train and play abroad, with recent trips including visits to Croatia, Portugal, France and Germany. These trips are optional but act as aspiration opportunities for students to engage and learn from.
The Foundation are extremely committed to enhancing students’ employability skills, which is why student who enrol on to this course have access to valuable work experience in community or academy projects. This opportunity allows students to enhance their delivery and CV accordingly, which can assist them in getting a head start in their career path.
BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sport
Prerequisites to Apply
- A minimum of five 9-4 grades at GCSE, including English and maths (or equivalent)
- A keen interest towards playing regular futsal
- A commitment to follow high standards and expectations in a professional environment
- Equivalent to three A-Levels
- 12 hours of education per week
- Two futsal training sessions per week
- 15 units relating to physical education, ranging from anatomy and physiology to sport as a business
- Primarily assessed through weekly courses with four exams across the two years
- Training sessions led by UEFA qualified coaches
- Opportunities to take part in national and international trips
This course is FREE for all students. There is however, a compulsory £200 (approx.) cost for Bristol City kit.
- Apprenticeships in the sports industry
- University or American scholarships
- Job opportunities at Bristol City Football Club or Bristol City Robins Foundation
- Job opportunities within the sport and leisure industry
For further information, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact the Foundation on 0117 963 0636.