BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Sports Coaching and Development
Study with Bristol City Robins Foundation in 2022/23!
The BTEC Level 3 in Sports Coaching and Development is a two-year course suitable for post-16 students of all playing abilities who have a keen interest in developing an insight into the practicalities within the sport industry.
Alongside the academic studies, where 14 sports related units will be covered, students will train and play on a weekly basis, representing Bristol City Football Club against other professional clubs and colleges in competitive fixtures in the EFL Community & Education Alliance (CEFA) league.
Beyond the curriculum
Extra-curricular activities are also embedded within the course, with National Citizen Service (NCS) being a prime example. NCS will be undertaken in the first year of the course and will assist students in developing friendships amongst peers, enhancing social and personal skills, while giving them the chance to conduct purposeful work in the local community.
National and international tours are also an integral part of the course. The Foundation provides opportunities for students to visit world-famous stadia, including the likes of The Emirates (Arsenal), The Etihad (Manchester City) and White Hart Lane (Tottenham Hotspur).
Each year also sees students train and play abroad, with recent trips including visits to Croatia, Germany and Portugal. These trips are optional but act as aspirational opportunities for students to engage in and learn from.
The Foundation are committed to enhancing students’ employability skills, which is why students who enrol on to this course have access to valuable work experience in community or academy projects. This opportunity allows students to enhance their delivery and CV accordingly, which can assist them in getting a head start in their career path.
BTEC Level 3 National Diploma in Sports Coaching & Development
Prerequisites to Apply
- A minimum of five 9-4 (A*-C) grades at GCSE, including English and maths (or equivalent)
- A keen interest towards playing regular football
- A commitment to follow high standards and expectations in a professional environment
- Equivalent to two A-levels
- 12 hours of education per week
- Two training sessions per week
- 14 units relating to physical education, ranging from anatomy and physiology to sport as a business
- Primarily assessed through weekly courses with four exams across the two years
- Training sessions led by UEFA qualified coaches
- Participate in National Citizen Service (NCS)
- Opportunities to take part in national and international trips
This course is FREE for all students. There is however, a compulsory £230 (approx.) cost for Bristol City kit.
- Apprenticeships in the sports industry
- University or American scholarships
- Job opportunities with Bristol City and the wider Bristol Sport group
- Job opportunities within the sport and leisure industry