BTEC Level 2 in Sport
Study with Bristol City Robins Foundation in 2021/22!
Bristol City Robins Foundation’s Level 2 Diploma course is a one-year programme suitable for post-16 students of all academic and playing abilities, who are passionate about furthering their experience of football coaching.
Based within Ashton Gate Stadium, students have access to state of the art learning facilities and classrooms, creating an inspirational learning environment for students to thrive within.
Alongside the academic requirements of the course, which sees students cover a diverse range of units, students will also participate in ten hours of practical sessions per week, split between training and competitive football fixtures. This provides students with the opportunity to represent Bristol City Football Club against other colleges and professional football teams.
Beyond the curriculum
Extra-curricular activities are also embedded within the Level 2 Diploma, with National Citizen Service (NCS) being a prime example. NCS will be undertaken in the students’ first year of the course and will assist them in developing friendships amongst peers, enhancing social and personal skills, while giving them the chance to conduct purposeful work in the local community.
National and international tours are also an integral part of the course. The Foundation provides opportunities for students to visit world-famous stadia, including the likes of The Emirates (Arsenal), The Etihad (Manchester City) and White Hart Lane (Tottenham Hotspur).
Each year also sees students train and play abroad, with recent trips including visits to Croatia, Germany and Portugal. These trips are optional but act as aspiration opportunities for students to engage and learn from.
The Foundation are committed to enhancing students’ employability skills, which is why students who enrol on to this course have access to valuable work experience in community or academy projects. This opportunity allows students to enhance their delivery and CV accordingly.
BTEC Level 2 in Sport
Prerequisites to Apply
- A minimum of four GCSEs in any subject
- Have a keen interest in football and coaching
- 12 hours of education per week
- Two training sessions per week
- Gain your FA Level 1 Award in Coaching Football
- Units ranging from anatomy and physiology to event management
- Primarily assessed through weekly coursework with some exams
- Participate in National Citizen Service (NCS)
- Training sessions led by UEFA qualified coaches
- Compete in the EFL Community and Education Football Alliance League
- Valuable work experience at Bristol City FC matchdays and on Bristol City Robins Foundation projects
This course is FREE to enrol onto for all students. There is however, a compulsory £200 (approx.) cost for Bristol City kit.
- Progression onto a Level 3 education course
- Apprenticeships in the sports industry
- Job opportunities at Bristol City Football Club or Bristol City Robins Foundation