O’Dowda nets in Glasgow
Posted: Sunday, May 20th 2018
Thursday, May 17th 2018
Bristol City Women are looking to appoint a full-time physiotherapist to oversee the first-team and academy, as the club continues on its journey in the Women’s Super League.
Reporting to the head coach and general manager, the successful candidate will be expected to promote and protect the health and wellbeing of all players at City Women.
Deadline for applications is 5pm on Friday, June 1st.
Stoke Gifford Stadium, South Gloucestershire and Stroud College - WISE Campus
Fixed term (2 years)
Full-time (This role will involve weekend work and require the candidate is present at all matches and training sessions)
Head coach and general manager
To provide physiotherapy provision to all BCWFC first-team and academy players
To promote and protect the health and wellbeing of all players within the club
Main Duties and Responsibilities
▪ Attend all first-team training and matches to ensure players receive an appropriate standard of medical care
▪ Attend a minimum of two academy training sessions per week as well as a gym-based session
▪ Responsible for the day-to-day delivery of high level injury prevention, injury rehabilitation and pitch side first aid/emergency medical care
▪ Educate players on injury prevention
▪ Provide effective communication regarding injury status and rehabilitation of players to coaching staff and players
▪ Work closely with physical performance coach and other relevant coaching staff to ensure optimum rehabilitation and progression of injuries
▪ Work closely with team doctor
▪ Keep accurate and secure medical records
▪ Produce reports and injury audits for the Football Association where required
▪ Maintain stock and supplies as needed within the role
▪ Participate in appropriate team meetings
▪ Ensure all health and safety policies and procedures are followed as well as conducting risk assessments for all necessary activity
▪ Lead all recovery sessions, both post-match and as part of training sessions
▪ Completing twice yearly screening of all first team players
▪ Liaising with International Football Association staff regards the health and wellbeing of any players involved with International duty (pre and post national camp)
Essential Experience, Skills & Qualifications
▪ A qualification at degree level (or equivalent) in physiotherapy
▪ Registered member of the Health Care Professions Council (HCPC) with adequate indemnity insurance
▪ Bronze, Silver or Gold ACPSM physiotherapist
▪ Advanced Emergency First Aid qualification. Ideally the FA Advanced Trauma Medical Management in Football (ATMMiF) (or willingness to undertake it)
▪ Extensive injury screening, diagnostic, manual therapy and sports rehabilitation understanding
▪ Extensive knowledge in injury prevention methods and recovery strategies
▪ Significant experience in the delivery of injury diagnosis, treatment and prevention strategies within a sporting environment
▪ Track record of successfully integrating into established and developing coaching teams
▪ An enhanced DBS will be required for this post
▪ Previous experience of work within football (desirable)
▪ Previous experience of working with female athletes (desirable)
▪ Ability to work as part of a team
▪ Planning and organising
▪ Attention to detail
▪ Educate players as well as instruct
▪ Communication and influencing
▪ Emotional intelligence
▪ Motivating others
To apply for this exciting new position please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Young ambassadors from Bristol Rugby Community Foundation’s award-winning Eagle Project – a community girls rugby programme in the city – wi...
Posted: Friday, May 18th 2018 • Rugby
Check out the best Bristol Flyers moments from April of the 2017/18 BBL season.
Posted: Thursday, May 17th 2018 • Basketball
The RFU and Premiership Rugby have today announced that Chris Booy OBE, will become Chairman of the Professional Game Board (PGB) on August ...
Posted: Thursday, May 17th 2018 • Rugby
Don't miss out on your season card at the best available price, with the advanced period deadline on Friday, May 18th at 5pm.
Posted: Thursday, May 17th 2018 • Rugby
Ashton Gate is today (Wednesday, May 16th) playing host to biggest ever Business Showcase South West event.
Posted: Wednesday, May 16th 2018 • Stadium