Banner image

Author

James Crawley

writes

Posted Friday, January 31st 2020

Nahki Wells: The First Interview

Nahki Wells says he is delighted to “start the new journey” at Bristol City.

The striker put pen to paper on a three-and-a-half-year contract with the Robins on Thursday (January 30th) and in his first interview with the club, Wells explained his excitement to be joining the Robins.

The 29-year-old arrived from Burnley, though he represented QPR on loan for the last season and a half.

“I’m delighted to have finally got it over the line,” Wells told BCFC.co.uk. “It’s been a rollercoaster few days but I’m delighted to be here now and ready to start the new journey.

“Everything here is fantastic: the club, the facility, the stadium and everything looks like it is moving in the right direction and it’s something I’m looking forward to embracing very soon.”

Wells has scored 15 goals in all competitions so far this season and now he plans to bring that form with him to City.

“I’m in a good run of form, scoring goals of recent and I’m excited to try and carry on that form to help this club move in the direction they want to [be heading in],” he continued.

“I’m just a striker who’s hungry to score goals and do well, willing to work hard for the team, create and be among the attacking play. As a player I will always give 100 per cent and try to do what’s right by the team.

“I’ve always been known for scoring goals and trying to be in the right place at the right time so if the chances are being created, I know I will be able to score. We have players who create chances so I’m looking forward to getting on the end of that.”