On this day: Bristol City 3-0 Swindon Town
Posted: Tuesday, April 7th 2020
Wednesday, April 4th 2018
Lee Johnson met the media ahead of City's clash with Millwall in the Sky Bet Championship.
City's head coach answered questions from the local and national press along with Korey Smith.
Here's what they had to say:
- Johnson keen to look ahead to the final six games of the season.
- Head coach describes Millwall form as "brilliant", complimenting the way Neil Harris has got his side playing.
- Johnson insists outcome of the game "isn't fatal" for either side, adding: "Hopefully we can take it to the wire."
- Johnson heaps praise on supporters, who will turn up in numbers once more this weekend.
- The boss adds: "With Bailey Wright, he goes beyond the cause, playing out of position and not moaning once, he's out and about in the community today with the young kids, he's our club captain doing so much behind the scenes. He plays a couple of bad passes and that frustration was wrong in my opinion. In the cold light of day, I don't think too many would disagree."
- City boss "proud" to see Bobby Reid named in the EFL Championship Team of the Year.
- Johnson also congratulates Aden Flint on being named the best defender in the Championship by FourFourTwo Magazine.
- Hordur Magnusson will be tested on Friday morning before the team travel to London and is a doubt.
- Callum O'Dowda had an injection earlier in the week, with a follow-up scan due today. Johnson says the winger "looks good" but is awaiting information from the scan.
- Wright insists it's still an exciting time for the club, adding: "If anyone would have said to us last season that we'd be in the play-off mix heading into April, we would have taken it."
- The City skipper admits he was disappointed with his own performance against Brentford, but was also disappointed with the reaction his substitution drew.
- Wright thanks the supporters who got in touch with him to rally behind him following the "unfair" reaction.
- Australian defender is looking forward to Saturday's trip to the New Den and predicts a "tough game".
- Wright looking forward to seeing fellow countrymen Tim Cahill and James Meredith.
With Gallagher Premiership Rugby currently suspended there isn’t any action to allow our expert judging panel to select their Gallagher Premiership Rugby Player of the Month for March based on on-pitch performance.
Posted: Wednesday, April 8th 2020 • Rugby
We take a look at what Flyers Assistant Coach Nick Burns has been cooking up in the kitchen during the COVID-19 lockdown.
Posted: Tuesday, April 7th 2020 • Basketball
Lisa Knights speaks to founder and owner Steve Lansdown on life in Covid-19 lockdown, the impact on our lives and the sporting group as a whole.
Posted: Tuesday, April 7th 2020 • Football
Bristol Flyers has launched its own trading cards in a brand-new game supported by Aerospace Bristol.
Posted: Monday, April 6th 2020 • Basketball
Bristol Bears has launched its own trading cards in a brand-new game supported by supersonic family visitor attraction Aerospace Bristol.
Posted: Monday, April 6th 2020 • Rugby