MansionBet Match Preview: Swansea City (A)
Posted: Friday, February 26th 2021
Thursday, March 8th 2018
Lee Johnson met the media ahead of Saturday's Sky Bet Championship encounter with Burton Albion.
The City head coach answered questions from the local and national press along with Eros Pisano.
Here's what they had to say:
- Johnson reflects on Preston defeat, saying: "We were excellent in the second half...on another day we win."
- Head coach speaks of "100% club" and says everyone needs to go that extra mile for the final ten games.
- On suspensions, Johnson says: "Joe Bryan has been walking a tightrope for some time. We were disappointed with Aden and we've told him so in no uncertain terms."
- Nathan Baker remains an injury concern.
- Johnson admits he doesn't yet know his starting line-up for the weekend, given injury concerns.
- Lloyd Kelly and Aden Baldwin could be involved.
- Johnson adds: “There’s everything to play for. It’s much better than last year when we were down there scrapping for safety.”
- On Burton, the City boss adds: “They’ve got a lot of experience of the Championship in their squad. They’ve got attributes to be a good side and you can’t write Burton off.”
- Pisano thanks his family, the medical staff and City's fans for their support whilst out injured.
- The defender says the three and a half months on the sidelines was "very long".
- Pisano says he is building towards 100% fitness.
- "The football in England is much quicker than Italy," says the defender. "I prefer it here."
- Pisano focused more on the team's performance, rather than the opponents.
- Italian says he and his family love the city of Bristol.
- Ironically Pisano says it helped having so many other players injured at the same time as they worked hard together.
Coach Kapoulas reflects on his side's 89-67 win over Surrey Scorchers.
Posted: Saturday, February 27th 2021 • Basketball
Follow all the action LIVE from Ashton Gate as Bristol Bears face Leicester Tigers in round 11 of the Gallagher Premiership.
Posted: Saturday, February 27th 2021 • Rugby
Bristol Flyers completed the season sweep over Surrey Scorchers with a 89-67 victory at the SGS College Arena.
Posted: Friday, February 26th 2021 • Basketball
Everything you need to know ahead of the round 11 Gallagher Premiership clash with Leicester Tigers, in our Langley House Big Match Preview.
Posted: Friday, February 26th 2021 • Rugby
Mark Kelly, MD of Ashton Gate discusses the government’s roadmap to recovery and looks forward to the stadium’s gradual re-opening and the planned return of fans and events.
Posted: Friday, February 26th 2021 • Bristol Sport