🚌 Getting to the Gate: Cardiff City
Posted: Thursday, January 20th 2022
Friday, February 23rd 2018
City supporters are being reminded that Sunday’s Severnside derby encounter with Cardiff City is SOLD OUT.
All 1,481 tickets for away supporters were snapped up in the space of 48 hours by season card PLUS holders.
Fans without tickets for the match are urged not to visit Cardiff City Stadium as they will not be granted entry. Any supporters found in home sections of the stadium will be ejected.
Collections and duplicate requests will be made available from the Away Ticket Office at Gate 12.
• If you’re traveling to the Stadium by car, access to Cardiff City Stadium from the M4 is easy. Leave the M4 at junction 33 and take the A4232 towards Cardiff/Barry.
• Exit the A4232 on to the B4267 turn off, signposted towards Cardiff City Stadium.
• Follow the slip road off the B4267 and take the second available exit off the roundabout on to Hadfield Road, and then take the third left in to Bessemer Road.
• Travel to the end of Bessemer Road and at the traffic lights turn left on to Sloper Road.
• Continue travelling down Sloper Road and turn left (next to the HSS Hire Shop) to access the away supporter’s car park.
The cost is £8 per car.
There will be Electronic Vehicle Management signage & brown football signage to help guide you to Cardiff City Stadium from the M4.
Please be aware that following a sat nav may lead supporters to be directed through the city centre which will add at least thirty minutes to your journey.
COACH PARKING & RESTRICTIONS
The following information has been released by the South Wales Police.
Can any coaches travelling to the game be at the Junction 33 services between 10.15am & 10.45am. They will be piloted through the traffic into the away compound at the stadium by the police.
Coaches and Minibuses need to adhere to the Police & Traffic Commissioner's guidelines, which are invoked for all Cat B Games and above. This is a high risk Cat ‘C’ match and all partners agencies involved are eager for the event to run smoothly.
As a result, Coach and Minibus compliance with the RVP will assist in delivering a safe event, ensuring timely arrival at the Stadium.
Under the Police & Traffic Commissioner's guidelines all Coaches and Minibuses are requested to attend the RVP and adhere to the Guidelines including:
· Coaches are not to stop within ten miles of the venue, either en route to or on departure from the
event unless prior agreement is obtained from the local police liaison officer.
· Coaches are not to set down or uplift passengers at any unauthorised locations without prior
permission of the police.
· Operators are asked to comply with these guidelines on a voluntary basis. However if the police
inform the Traffic Commissioner of any failure on an operator’s part to comply with them the
Commissioner will consider applying them as a formal condition to that operator’s licence under the
authority of Section 16(3) of the Public Passenger Vehicles Act 1981.
Fans attending the game via rail should be aware replacement buses will be in operation between Newport and Cardiff all day on Sunday.
While there are plenty of buses planned, the fact part of the journey will be by road may affect the travelling time into Cardiff and fans should plan accordingly.
City are hosting a beamback in the Sports Bar & Pizzeria.
Doors will open at 11am, with entry free for supporters on a first-come, first-served basis.
Bristol Bears U18s make the trip to Hazelwood to face London Irish U18s in round four of the Academy U18 League.
Posted: Thursday, January 20th 2022 • Rugby
Enjoy the 2022 Guinness Six Nations at the Ashton Gate Sports Bar, with every England game shown on the largest indoor pub screen in the country.
Posted: Thursday, January 20th 2022 • Stadium
Premiership Rugby and ITV have announced a game-changing new partnership to show, free-to-air, live Gallagher Premiership matches and a weekly highlights programme until the end of the 2023-24 season.
Posted: Thursday, January 20th 2022 • Rugby
All of the key player, team and form statistics ahead of the Heineken Champions Cup clash with Scarlets at Parc y Scarlets.
Posted: Wednesday, January 19th 2022 • Rugby
A new date Bristol Flyers' previously postponed trip to Surrey Scorchers has been announced.
Posted: Wednesday, January 19th 2022 • Basketball