Foundation Degree In Community Football Coaching And Development
Are you passionate about a career in the football industry? If so, come and study with Bristol City Community Trust in 2019/20.
Bristol City Community Trust’s two-year Foundation Degree programme is a course designed for males and females wanting to attain a university level qualification and are passionate about pursuing a career in the football industry. The course’s variety enables students to develop the necessary skills, qualities and characteristics that are required to work within professional football clubs, community departments or national governing bodies.
Delivered in partnership with the University of South Wales, all lectures, seminars and tutorials are delivered in a supportive and inspirational environment from the newly redeveloped Ashton Gate stadium via online materials.
Alongside the academic element of the course, students will complete up to 200 hours of work-based coaching within the community, alongside the Community Trust, Academy, and other BCFC staff, allowing the students to embed and develop the coaching techniques learnt within lectures.
Through the Trust’s partnership with the University of South Wales, all students will be enrolled as a student at the university. Students will be able to access the university’s online library, blackboard and learning materials, providing them with the best possible learning environment to excel within.
On completion of the two-year Foundation Degree, students have the opportunity to complete a third year top-up to a BSc Football, Coaching, Development and Administration.
- Football Event Management
- Academic Research and Professional Skills
- Introduction to Sports Development
- Introduction to Sports Science for Football
- Football Coaching: Theory to Practice (English-based students)
- Technical Planning and Reflective Practice in Football (English-based students)
- Football Coaching: Young Performers (Welsh- based students)
- Football in Society
- Project Operations Management
- Youth Football Coaching
- PE and School Sport
- Sport Placement
*Students will also complete their FA Level 2 Football Coaching certificate as part of the course.
Foundation Degree in Community Football Coaching and Development
- Full-time UK and EU: £8,000 per year
- Full-time International: £12,300 pear year
- Students are able to apply for student finance
- Plus £150 for compulsory sports kit
- Travel to Residential - Students will have to fund the cost of travel to the residential elements of the course at USW. Costs vary, depending on location
Prerequisites to Apply
- A minimum of 64 UCAS points
- Enhanced Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check
- A minimum of three GCSE’s, including English and maths
- Top up to a full BSc (Hons) degree in Football Coaching, Development and Administration at Ashton Gate (cost applies)
- Job opportunities at Bristol City Community Trust or Bristol City Football Club
- Performance or community coaching roles within the UK or overseas
- Other career opportunities within the
For further information on the course please email email@example.com or contact the Trust on 0117 963 0636