BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma In Sport- LTA Tennis Coaching Scholarship
Study with Bristol City Community Trust in 2019/20!
Bristol City Community Trust’s BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sport, delivered in recognition with the LTA, is an ever-growing course that has been running for the past two years. The two-year course is suitable for post-16 male and female tennis players of all abilities who are committed to their academic studies.
Based inside the newly-redeveloped Ashton Gate Stadium, with elements at Ashton Park School, students have access to purpose-built classrooms and facilities, creating an idyllic learning environment.
Alongside their studies, students will get the opportunity to train and play every week representing Bristol City Football Club against tennis clubs and colleges in Aegon team tennis tournaments.
While on the course, students will have the opportunity to undertake six recognised coaching qualifications, including LTA Level 1 and 2.
In return for these free coaching qualifications, students will need to complete 50 hours of voluntary coaching for the Trust on community tennis projects. Students will gain valuable experience and these opportunities will enhance their CV and assist in securing future employment.
Extra-curricular activities are also embedded within this BTEC course. Students will participate in National Citizen Service (NCS) in the first year of the course, which has proven to enhance social skills and develop friendships amongst peers, while giving them the opportunity to conduct worthwhile work in the local community.
National and international trips are an integral part of the education programme. The Trust provides opportunities for students to take part in national trips. The Trust also run an international trip each year, to countries such as Spain and Portugal. These trips are not compulsory but act as aspirational opportunities to engage the students.
The Trust are extremely passionate about enhancing the students’ employability skills, which is why all students have access to work experience within Bristol Sport, Bristol City Football Club and Bristol City Community Trust. These opportunities include matchday media, community coaching and hospitality, all of which can lead to full-time employment.
BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sport
- Equivalent to three A-Levels
- 12 hours of education per week
- Two tennis training sessions per week
- One day per week focused on coaching qualifications and coach mentoring
- 15 units relating to physical education, ranging from anatomy and physiology to sport as a business
- Primarily assessed through weekly coursework with four exams across the two years
- Training sessions led by LTA qualified coaches
- Participate in National Citizen Service (NCS)
- Opportunities to take part in national and international trips
This course is FREE for all students. There is however, a compulsory £200 (approx.) cost for Bristol City kit.
Prerequisites to Apply
- A minimum of five 9-4 (A*-C) grades at GCSE, including English and maths (or equivalent)
- A keen interest towards playing regular tennis
- A commitment to follow high standards and expectations in a professional environment
- Apprenticeships in the sports industry
- University or American scholarships
- Job opportunities at the LTA or partner tennis clubs
- Job opportunities within the sport and leisure industry
For further information, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact the Trust on 0117 963 0636.
To apply for this course please click here.